May 22, 2012

Time is not on my side

I don't know what it is. I just never seen to have enough time. Never enough time to do everything it is that I want to accomplish throughout the day. Sure I accomplish a lot, and I'm perpetually busy, and It seems like I live on the bleeding edge, but there is so much more I would like to get done.


I don't have that typical western attitude of "time is money." There is just so much I want to get done in this life. I want to leave a legacy for my children. I want them to be able to look up at me and have the ability to tell people that their father worked hard, and got things done. I want to leave a mark behind, some kind of accomplishment that I can be proud of; something that I can say "yeah, I did that."

I've spent my whole life working hard. I don't ever see me retiring, it's just not in me. Even my own father, who is seriously disabled, and very ill, still maintains a job. I look up at that with a sign of respect. He doesn't need to hold a job, hell, he's earned himself a break in my eyes, but that's just not how we operate.

It's like the harder you work, the bigger the load gets, and less time to accomplish it in. The more you chase after it, the faster it slips away. People keep telling me I need to slow down, and like I tell them "I'm just getting started."

No comments: